realitycheck(dot)ie

Irish doctor with too many thoughts, too little time and a blog that's supposed to check in on reality.

Monday, August 07, 2006

It’s A Pretty Tired Story

Now that my 80hour plus working week has become a little more like a routine than just a hellish way to spend my time, this blog will shortly resume proper blogging (well, the kind of stuff I did before becoming a working girl).
In the meantime – try this little test out. Fence introduced me to this meme – put ipod on random – first 25 “firstlines” and no googling – get the song and artist. I was surprised at how they actually form quite a nice little playlist (deleting the instrumental trad/swingle singers numbers that don’t lend themselves to such exercises)
Here’s mine – they’re quite hard (and some are the title of the song) I doubt I would have gotten many of them and they are biased towards the alt.country/folk side of things - but have a go! I’ll provide answers on Friday.

1. Oh my fair north star I have held to you dearly
2. The most tender place in my heart is for strangers
3. I was born the running kind
4. Security…I need some security
5. It takes 2 to get together and time to make it last
6. At the Quecreek mine the miners went down
7. Well you thought I’d be waiting up when you came home last night
8. The crops are all in and the peaches are rotten
9. They prosecuted some poor sucker in these united states
10. Who doesn’t know what I’m talking about?
11. I hear some people been talking me down
12. Carry this picture for luck
13. Well, excuse me while I break my own heart
14. Window open wide blowing through the north woods
15. Johnny’s got a lot on his eyes, Shirley’s got a lot on her lips
16. I lived in a place called Okfuskee
17. My heart is tuned to the morning wind
18. She tells you rock and roll
19. Love is better than a warm trombone
20. Once I had a child and he was wilder than moonlight
21. It’s a pretty tired story now it happens all the time
22. Nobody feels any pain
23. I had 6 white Russians tonight and 2 of them were people
24. She said I ain’t gonna fix you no more sausage
25. I work the highwire in the centre ring

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. I only got one. Grrr.

22. Bob Dylan - Just like a woman.

Oh well. One's not dreadful, right? Right?

August 08, 2006 9:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auds what the hell have you got on your ipod?? :o)

August 08, 2006 1:07 p.m.  
Blogger G1.Seeker said...

I'm gagging to know Number 23.

'tis pretty close to a fantasy!...

August 08, 2006 4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Auds said...

Noz none of them are Broken Social Scene so you can have a go!

NM, given your 1 out of 3 status among the commentators, that's brilliant! I lengthened some of the first lines to make it a tad easier but you got the hardest.

August 08, 2006 7:57 p.m.  
Blogger Fence said...

I got nothing. Some are vaguely tickling my memory, but can't id any.

August 09, 2006 9:17 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I rule all.

August 09, 2006 10:00 a.m.  
Blogger -Ann said...

I'm coming up with nothing. I have no idea what anything might be. Not a clue. NM, you are looking like a genius!

August 29, 2006 5:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home